The report ‘Rethink: Food & Restaurants’ describes in detail 4 trends that are changing the market: sustainability, technology, convenience and a better experiencewhich was published in The Place, an innovation space Valley.
In addition, it answers: what will food production be like, how will the experience of buying products in a supermarket change? And how will we consume in connected homes and restaurants in the not so distant future?
First of all, it should be noted that the transformation of the food sector is based on three factors:
- The emergence of disruptive technologies such as voice assistants, robots or 3D printing.
- New consumer habits and motivation.
- Care for the environment, for which companies had to be more social, responsible and transparent.
Therefore, 4 trends transform the marketaccording to a report presented by Juan Luis Moreno, partner and director of Innovation at The Valley, are as follows:
1. Technology is transforming the market
Research and innovation are applied to the design of healthier food and enable:
- That more and more brands offer vegetarian options among their traditional products, such as vegan omelettes or vegan sausages.
- The development of food created in laboratories that offers alternatives to the usual diet.
- FoodLabs dedicated to innovations in food and digital gastronomy up to product prototypes.
2. Upon request
The search for practicality and efficiency led to:
- The rise of ‘Dark Kitchens’, kitchens focused on preparing take-home orders, which are emerging as a result of increasing demand for food services. delivery.
- You can receive prepared meal packages to your home address in a simple, personalized, practical and unique way.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in the connection service allows actions such as shopping at home via voice assistants or picking up an order placed online at innovative physical points without the need for queues.
3. Experience rules
With the aim of automating the process and optimizing the user experience, the following appeared:
- New management models with innovative tools and robotics. Examples are applications that integrate payment, order management and loyalty club creation to offer a better user experience.
- The magic of the physical point of sale where the ‘instagrammable’ becomes important.
You may be interested: Three psychological aspects of the modern gourmet
4. Closing the cycle
New formats inspired by the circular economy are emerging:
- The search for sustainability in restaurants without waste with social influence.
- He upcycling or the potential for upcycling, which consists of taking advantage of materials that can be recycled to create products that have more value than the original material.
It is trends transform the market and will allow the industry to move toward a much more systemic, collaborative leadership model that can offer experiences tailored to each consumer’s individual reality.
You may be interested in: Food Safety: A New, Smarter Age
Fuente: Food retail