Maintenance management is one of the challenges facing the food industry today, as well as property management This is also a critical aspect. Although some companies have implemented advanced solutions such as intelligent maintenance platforms, most are at a very archaic stage.
Property management in food industry This remains a big challenge for many companies, because in most cases they use software that is not specifically designed for maintenance or even use paper notes.
This reactive action plan is often influenced or conditioned by food safety systems, which can result in a loss of attention in constant improvement and in preventive maintenance, even on equipment that is easy to repair or replace.
You may be interested: Testtech aims to support entrepreneurs in the food industry
Challenges facing agri-food management
In accordance with Eloy HernandezDeputy Director of Wilted Onionsthere are currently a wide variety of challenges that need to be attacked more effectively, such as price increases, climate change issues, enforcement more restrictive regulations.
Furthermore, the agri-food sector has a very high staff turnover, there is digital tools They appear as a support to face these challenges.
- Digitization, in addition to simplifying processes, served to maintain almost complete control within the sector, since it is possible to have more accurate records of tools, machines, and even the personnel themselves in a more reliable way.
Therefore, some companies have already implemented a software for maintenance management, which can, from coordinating this planning to prevention, to ensuring that machines are always ready when needed, which creates control in the traceability of repairs.
Manage the asset lifecycle
Asset acquisition is a crucial stage for any organization and must be carried out with the aim of obtaining the best value for money. This means that not only the purchase price must be taken into account, but also cost of ownership (TCO).
TCO includes not only the initial purchase price, but also the costs associated with maintenance and repair, as well as depreciation.
- The physical property management it includes managing the entire life cycle of tangible assets, from acquisition to sale. This management includes the planning and control of all aspects related to equipment, machinery, vehicles, facilities, real estate, raw materials, supplies, etc.
The strategic plan is designed so that the organization can operate effectively, harmonizing policies, defining procedures, organizing and assigning roles, tasks and responsibilities with regard to the use, management and exploitation of these assets.
According to Fracttal, the provider asset management software, avoiding and reversing the wear and tear effects of use and passage of time on an organization’s physical assets, is the central core of an organization’s maintenance management. Four fundamental goals emerge from this core:
- Availability of equipment: It must guarantee that facilities, equipment and assets are generally maintained in optimal condition, thus avoiding unplanned downtime that can generate huge delays and losses for the company.
- Equipment reliability: This objective follows from the previous one and consists of ensuring that teams meet planned hours and production quotas in order to create value within the organization.
- Service life of the equipment: The greater the efficiency of maintenance management, avoiding the wear and tear of equipment, facilities and physical assets in general, the longer the useful time will be to achieve the goals of production and growth of the organization, which ultimately translates into a greater return on investment, and greater creation of profits and value.
- Reduced costs: consists of avoiding losses and unforeseen costs, either due to unplanned downtimes in which materials, working time and labor are lost, or due to reactive repairs which in most cases can be much higher at the cost of planned and preventive maintenance.
You may also be interested in: These companies have teamed up to offer asset management solutions