Production of PET packaging based on preforms it develops rapidly in response to changes in market trends and the introduction of new technologies.
- Global demand for PET applications is growing for several reasons; Manufacturers are switching from alternative materials to PET.
This is because it proves to be an extremely flexible material that can Easily adapts to the new design.
And because is more sustainable by incorporating increasingly higher percentages of recycled content and it is extremely profitable, especially when increasing production.
In it Webinar Trends and technologies in preform-based PET packaging in Latin America, Javier Soros, business manager for the PET preforms market at Husky, points out that PET continues to grow and occupies an increasingly large part of the packaging market.
You may be interested: Consumption of bottled drinks in Tanzania is increasing for this reason
PET containers and their importance on the market
According to Soros, among characteristics that PET has They point out that:
- It is very flexible and can be used for different types of packaging and is also extremely resistant. Unlike glass, it falls and does not break.
- It is considered as the most sustainable material that exists on earth. In fact, it is considered number one among plastics because it is endlessly recycled.
- It is exceptional for rent.
PET has not only come in and taken a big role in beverage packaging, but we are seeing growth in other types of applications as well,” says the Husky manager.
Various applications are switching to PET because of its durability, greater clarity and potential for sustainability with recyclability and light weight.
To meet this need, manufacturers require more flexible and adaptable systems. Which are specifically designed to reduce the cost and time required to introduce tooling for alternative sizes and designs.
The main sustainability issues that continue to be at the forefront of packaging include:
- Carry out the production of rPET material
- Increase the use of rPET material and reduce the use of PET resin through weight reduction
You can also read: This is what is happening in the food packaging market in Europe