On November 3 World Sandwich Day which is defined as two slices of bread containing different ingredients. It can be prepared cold or warm and consumed as an appetizer or main course.
- Sandwich is celebrated on this date in honor of the date of birth of the Englishman John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich.
This count was a fan of card games and good food, so in order to quickly eat something and continue with the game and not to dirty the cards, He wrapped the meat in two slices of bread.
You can read: These are innovative sandwiches from Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s
Types of sandwiches
- Mixed. Classic sandwich with ham, cheese and butter between two slices of bread.
- meatball. It is about slices of bread inside which there are meatballs accompanied by yellow cheese and any other element that the guests like.
- Club. Also known as club house, it is a sandwich that has 4 slices of bread, and among them are ham, cheese, egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and sauces; It is usually accompanied by a portion of fries.
- Cuban. Unlike the previous ones, this sandwich is made of 2 baguette-type breads, cooked ham, Swiss cheese, roast pork, mustard and olive oil.
- Tuna. It is made from 2 slices of bread, mayonnaise, tomato, lettuce and tuna
You may be interested in: Innovative flavors, the role of the fast food industry